LIFE IN CHIANG MAI
Chiang Mai Life
Living in Chiang Mai is easy. There is no such a thing as “rush hour” here. People are friendly, welcoming and very hospitable, whether you are a foreigner or Thai. The city is not congested with people and buildings. It is the place where you can truly connect to nature surrounded by mountain sides. A mix of Lanna culture and creativity from around the world.
Whatever you are interested in, Chiang Mai has it. Starting from the moat around the old town, which has been there for almost a thousand years, it is a great place for sightseeing. If you are interested in shopping, shops and stores, here are packed with handicrafts and unique cultural products.
Furthermore, Chiang Mai has ceremonies to celebrate all year long starting from Songkran where you can feel the Lanna culture and have fun at the same time. The mountains and hills are also great places for you to hike and camp.
- Central Chiang Mai Airport
- Central Festival Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai X-Centre
- MAYA Lifestyle Shopping Center
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail
- Mae Wang National Park
- Mon Chaem
- Chang Moi Street
- Chang Klan Street
- Around Ping River
Chiang Mai has its own dialect called “Kham Muang” which is widely used in the northern part of Thailand. Chiang Mai people are Lanna people. Our culture has developed from them and is now embedded in our daily life. Tradition and ceremonies nowadays still have the reminiscence of what people used to do back in Lanna’s day. Making Chiang Mai a city of glamourous cultural heritage.
- Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Centre
- Chiang Mai Life Construction (CLC)
- Kalm Village Chiang Mai
- Lanna Folklife Museum
- MAIIAM Contemporary Art Museum
- Thailand Creative & Design Centre (TCDC) Chiang Mai
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Phra Singh Woramahawihan, Wat Suan Dok, and other temples
Food and Drink
When it comes to eating, Chiang Mai has options on options for delicacies. Almost every must-try restaurant is in every part of the city. You can experience all kinds of Thai food and also Lanna exclusive dish as well.
- Chamcha Market
- Jing Jai Market Chiang Mai
- Nana Jungle Cafe & Restaurant
- Nimmanhaemin Area
- Saturday and Sunday Walking Street (Thanon Khon Dern)
- Warorot Market (Kad Luang)