K-12 Level Fulfillment for CMU IPAS Application
Short-term Supplementary Training Course for Fundamental Academic Knowledge Enhancement for K-12 level to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the International Engineering Program of the Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University. The course consists of 4 subjects as follows:
- Calculus Preparation for Engineering (equivalent to course 206161 – Calculus for Engineering 1)
- Physics Preparation for Engineering (equivalent to course 2071405 – Physics for Engineering 1)
- Chemistry Preparation for Engineering (equivalent to course 203162 – General Chemistry for Engineering)
- Introduction to Material Engineering (equivalent to course 259103 – Engineering Material)
This comprehensive program is for students who are currently studying in or have completed K-11 education and aspire to pursue Bachelor of Engineering international programs at Chiang Mai University. The course aims to equip students with a solid foundation in mathematics, physics, and chemistry at the K-12 level. Furthermore, it incorporates university-level content from four subjects offered within the curriculum of Chiang Mai University’s international engineering programs.
Course Structure or Course Content
This course consists of a total of 195 hours, including 4 subjects. The details are as follows:
|Calculus Preparation for Engineering||50 Hrs. Equivalent to Course 206161(Cal for Engineering1)|
|Physics Preparation for Engineering||50 Hrs. Equivalent to Course 207105 (Physics for Engineering1)|
|Chemistry Preparation for Engineering||50 Hrs. Equivalent to Course 203162 (Gen Chemistry for Engineering)|
|Introduction to Material Engineering||45 Hrs. Equivalent to Course 259103 (Engineering Material)|
Training Course Framework and Course Structure Table
Calculus Preparation for Engineering
Physics Preparation for Engineering
Chemistry Preparation for Engineering
Introduction to Material Engineering
The assessment will be graded on an A-F scale, with each subject requiring a minimum attendance of 80%. The scoring and grading criteria will be consistent with those used in the equivalent subjects throughout the semester, considering both coursework and examination components.
- Application Open: August 15 at 8.30AM.
- Application Close: October 15 at 4.30PM.
Duration and Timeframe of Training, Training Format, and Training Venue
|Duration and Timeframe||Start date: December 4, 2023. End date: May 15, 2024.|
|Training Venue||Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University (The building and room numbers will be announced later.)|
October 20 – November 3, 2023
45,000 Baht per person or ~1,300 USD (Tuition fee of 44,400 Baht per person plus university fees of 600 Baht per person)
Qualification Criteria for Applicants
- Completed, or are currently studying in the last year of, a K-11 curriculum outside of Thailand
- Must have a minimum score of 65 percent in Mathematics and Physics on transcript or Matriculation Examination Pass Certificate
- English language Requirements:
3.1. Native English speakers or students who come from a country where English is an official language or
3.2. Have studied or are currently studying in an international school where English is the primary language of instruction for at least 2 years or
3.3. Have a minimum score on an English language proficiency test or one of the following standardized tests as listed in the table below.
|IELTS||ILETS indicator||TOEFL||TOIEC||SAT EBWR||Duolingo||CMU-eTEGS||CU-TEP||TU-GET (PBT)||TU-GET (CBT)|
Supporting Documents for Applicant Evaluation
- Copy of the latest High School Transcript showing current academic performance.
- Copy of the Educational Diploma (if available).
- English Proficiency Qualification Certificate according to the English proficiency qualification table (if not exempted).
- Copy of Passport.
- Statement of Purpose: Which field of engineering are you interested in and why?
- Student Visa Application Submission Detail
- Address of the Royal Thai Embassy/ Royal Thai Consulate-General to apply for Student Visa
- Address to send Supporting Documents for Visa Application to.