Non-Immigrant “B”

To work at the Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University, a foreign professional must apply for a Non-Immigrant “B” Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies or Royal Thai Consulates-General. He/ She must submit the following required documents to Chiang Mai International Engineering School in order to issue the documents for the visa application:

  1. A copy of the passport with a validity of not less than 6 months
  2. A recent photo (size 4×6 cm), taken within the past 6 months
  3. Letter of acceptance from employing university
  4. Evidence of educational qualifications such as diplomas or teaching certificates
  5. Applicant’s resume   

Please note that upon entry into the Kingdom, the Faculty of Engineering will apply for a work permit at the Department of Labour Chiang Mai in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly. Applicant’s family members are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa “O” and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.